Find out what’s happening at Community Council meetings and learn how you can get involved.
The four Community Councils, each consisting of five to six districts, consider local matters, make recommendations to Regional Council, and provide opportunities for public input.
Halifax and West, Harbour East - Marine Drive, and North West Community Councils have existed since December 2012. The Regional Centre Community Council was created in December 2019. Are you looking for information about previous Community Councils?
What district do I live in? Who is my Councillor? Use the District look-up to find out.
District maps provided in PDF format.
- District 7 - Halifax South Downtown
- District 8 - Halifax Peninsula North
- District 9 - Halifax West Armdale
- District 10 - Halifax - Bedford Basin West
- District 11 - Spryfield - Sambro Loop - Prospect Road
- District 12 - Timberlea - Beechville - Clayton Park - Wedgewood
- District 2 - Preston - Chezzetcook - Eastern Shore
- District 3 - Dartmouth South - Eastern Passage
- District 4 - Cole Harbour - Westphal
- District 5 - Dartmouth Centre
- District 6 - Harbourview - Burnside - Dartmouth East
- District 1 - Waverley - Fall River - Musquodoboit Valley
- District 13 - Hammonds Plains - St. Margarets
- District 14 - Middle/Upper Sackville - Beaver Bank - Lucasville
- District 15 - Lower Sackville
- District 16 - Bedford - Wentworth
- Specific areas of Districts 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, as shown in Schedule 4 of Administrative Order 48. [PDF]