Volunteer Conference - November 16 & 17, 2018
Atlantica Hotel Halifax - 1980 Robie Street at Quinpool.
How to Register for the Volunteer Conference:
1. First have a look at all the engaging workshops we are offering this year.
2. Choose one workshop for each time slot – that will be 3 workshops in total.
3. Follow this link to register and pay with your credit card
The course number for the Volunteer Conference is: 00003249.
Please note: Halifax Parks & Recreation has moved to a new registration system and this means you will have to create a new account. If you need more information about how to create an account you can check out this video or call 902-490-1586.
4. For those Conference delegates that must pay by cheque please call 902-490-1586 to complete your registration. Please note: all payments must be received prior to the Conference.
5. Delegates who are paid staff of a volunteer organization will be asked a second question during the registration process. Please click the box to indicate you are paying the staff fee.
6. If you are applying for funding support to attend the conference please review below section, Funding Support Application, prior to registering. Please note: there is a maximum of 2 participants per organization.
7. Please contact Shawna Shirley, 902-869-4202, if you have any questions.
Conference Fee for Volunteers:
- Before October 26, 2018 - $35
- After October 26, 2018 - $50
Conference Fee for Staff:
- Before October 26, 2018 - $70
- After October 26, 2018 - $100
FUNDING SUPPORT APPLICATION
A limited amount of funding support is offered to provide individuals the opportunity to participate in the Halifax Volunteer Conference. Support is first come, first serve. Once support funding is gone, additional support cannot be offered, so please register early.
Please call 902-869-4202, or send an e-mail to Shawna for more information or to apply for funding support for Registration, Transportation or Both.
The conference is a celebration of the tremendous contributions of the volunteers in the region. It gives citizens an opportunity to participate in training, networking and learning that help them become more effective in their work and provide strong volunteer capacity in the municipality.
We are in a new location this year but we have lots of options to get here by car, bus, bike or walking.
The Atlantica Hotel is accessible by bus route. Please follow this link for routes and schedules.
There is bike parking available onsite.
During the conference, underground parking at the hotel is complimentary but subject to availability. Height restrictions could limit the availability of parking for oversize vehicles. Underground parking is accessed from Pepperell Street. Alternate parking can be found at the hospital parking garage (for a fee) or on one of the side streets nearby. Please be mindful of and obey all on-street and private lot parking signs to avoid being ticketed or having a “boot” applied to your vehicle. We encourage carpooling when possible. This Quinpool Road Parking website can provide additional information and options: https://www.quinpoolroad.ca/where-to-park
Each year the conference includes:
- A wide selection of interactive and informative workshops
- Dynamic and experienced speakers
- Lunch and refreshments
- Networking opportunities
- Participant welcome packages
- Community showcase