To keep our streets safe as we move into the winter months, street cleaners will be collecting fallen leaves around the heavily treed areas of the Halifax Peninsula and other areas of the urban core, as required, over a three-week period, beginning mid-November.
As fall leaf clean-up and collection services will occur only once on each street, residents are asked for their cooperation in abiding by the temporary “No Parking” signs that will be posted in the targeted areas. It is also important not to dispose of leaves found on personal property in the streets and gutters.
For weekly updates on when and where clean-up services will take place in your neighbourhood, please see the map below, or follow us on X at @hfxgov.
- Week one: Monday, November 20 to Sunday, November 26
- Week two: Monday, November 27 to Sunday, December 3
- Week three: Monday, December 4 to Sunday, December 10
- Crews may return to your neighbourhood to address areas that were not initially accessible as a result of parked vehicles or other barriers.
- Although the focus of the fall leaf cleanup is on heavily treed areas of the Halifax Peninsula, crews will move to other areas with heavy tree canopy, such as Crichton Park and Dartmouth Centre, as weather and conditions allow. If you feel a street requires more thorough leaf cleaning please call 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org