Find out what’s happening at committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Western Common Advisory Committee makes recommendations to Halifax and West Community Council about the development and operation of the Western Common. More detail about the committee’s role can be found in the Terms of Reference [PDF].
The Western Common Advisory Committee is scheduled to meet on the fourth Wednesday of the month, quarterly, at 6:30 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
Western Common Advisory Committee Meetings
- Councillor Patty Cuttell - District 11 - Spryfield - Sambro Loop - Prospect Road
- Michael Lamplugh, Chair
- Jane Macneill
- Hammad Mohiy Ud Din
- Jessica McCarron - Resource Opportunities Center Representative
- Vacancy - Member At Large
- Vacancy - Environmental NGO
- Vacancy - Knowledge in Applied Ecological Sciences
- Vacancy - Knowledge in Public Recreation & Trails
- Vacancy - Local Business Community Rep
Staff contact for the Western Common Advisory Committee
You can view the Western Common Wilderness Common Master Plan.
Check out the Western Common Advisory Committee’s 2018 in review [PDF]!