1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4.1 Request for Financial Assistance and to enter into a Heritage Agreement with St. Paul’s Church, 1749 Argyle Street, Halifax (staff report PDF)
staff presentation (PDF)
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve the provision of in-kind financial assistance of a value up to but not exceeding $500,000, with a net municipal project cost up to but not exceeding $250,000, to the Parish of St. Paul’s for the restoration of a portion of the perimeter ironstone wall and cast iron fencing surrounding St. Paul’s Church in accordance with the Heritage Agreement as found as Attachment A, with funding as outlined in the Financial Implications section of the August 17, 2017 staff report, conditional upon:
a. the execution of the Heritage Agreement with the Parish of St. Paul’s, and its registration at the Land Registry Office; and
b. the execution of a Contribution Agreement with the Government of Canada;
2. Approve the proposed Heritage Agreement as found at Attachment A of the August 17, 2017 staff report with the owner of the municipal heritage property located at 1749 Argyle Street, to restore a portion of the perimeter ironstone wall and cast iron fencing in accordance with the terms contained therein; and
3. Authorize the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to execute the Heritage Agreement as found as Attachment A of the August 17, 2017 staff report within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on the request of the applicant, from the date of this approval by Halifax Regional Council and any other bodies as necessary whichever approval is later, including any applicable appeal periods; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
5. ADDED ITEMS
6. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 27, 2017
INFORMATION ITEMS – None
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Jennifer Weagle, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6517.