Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: April 25, 2022 North West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 4, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 23824: Amending Development Agreement and Land Use By-law Amendment for 123 and 185 Gary Martin Drive, Bedford [PDF]
(i) North West Planning Advisory Committee memorandum dated December 22, 2021 [PDF]
That North West Community Council:
1. Adopt the amendment to the Land Use By-law for Bedford, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated March 15, 2022;
2. Approve the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the
same form as set out in Attachment B of the staff report dated March 15, 2022; and
3. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 240 days, or any extension thereof
granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and
any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise
this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS - NONE
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 2022 District Boundary Review – Phase One Presentation
• Public Participation
That North West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to initiate a process to consider amendments to the Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains, and Upper Sackville Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law to proceed with Option 2 as outlined within this staff report to increase the size threshold of commercial use requiring a development agreement.
2. Follow the public participation program for municipal planning strategy amendments as approved by Regional Council on February 27, 1997.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 16, 2022
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Eric Bowdridge, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-579-7239.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council