Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Cafetorium, Lockview High School, 148 Lockview Road, Fall River
Minutes: January 14, 2019 North West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
* Please note that the public hearing for Case 19110, Development Agreement for 592 Bedford Highway has been rescheduled to the February 11, 2019 meeting of North West Community Council, Bedford-Hammonds Plains Community Centre, 202 Innovation Drive, Bedford - 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 10, 2018 & December 11, 2018 Joint Meeting of Halifax and West; Harbour East-Marine Drive; and North West Community Councils
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
That North West Community Council recommends that Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) and Land Use By-law (LUB) for Planning Districts 14 and 17, specifically the River-lakes Case 20594: SPS Amendment Secondary Planning Strategy (SPS), as set out in Attachments A and B of this staff report dated October 22, 2018 to establish a new zone which will allow a “residential complex inclusive of supporting uses” on Residential Opportunity Site B and add two additional properties to Opportunity Site B and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Approve the proposed amendments to the MPS and LUB for Planning Districts 14 and 17 as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated October 22, 2018.
That North West Community Council nominate one (1) Member from the North West Community Council membership to the Special Events Advisory Committee for a term to November 2020.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
That North West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council request a staff report for a one time allocation of $345,000.00 from the Hammonds Plains Common Area Rate to the Hammonds Plains Community Centre Society to recapitalize the Hammonds Plains Community Centre
That North West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council request a staff report for a one time allocation of up to $39,000.00 from the Hammonds Plains Area Rate to the Glen Arbour Home Owners Association for the installation of a half Basketball Court on Glen Arbour Way.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
15.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – December 10, 2018
That North West Community Council approve the December 10, 2018 In Camera (In Private) minutes be approved as presented.
16. ADDED ITEMS
That North West Community Council approve a contribution of $60,000 from the Sackville Landfill Compensation Fund to the Sackville Heights Community Centre Lift project.
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 11, 2018 – Bedford-Hammonds Plains Community Centre, 202 Innovation Drive, Bedford – 7:00 p.m.