Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 10, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case #2023-00545: Development Agreement for Boulderwood Road, Halifax [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 18, 2023; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – None
12. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
13. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
14.1.1 PLANAPP 2023-00465: Rezoning of 4 Cherry Lane, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated October 30, 2023, to rezone 4 Cherry Lane, Halifax from R-2P (General Residential) Zone to R-3 (General Residential and Low-Rise Apartment) Zone and schedule a public hearing.
14.1.2 PLANAPP-2023-00334: Development Agreement for 749 Herring Cove Road, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated September 26, 2023, to allow for an expansion of a non-conforming commercial use at 749 Herring Cove Road, Halifax, and schedule a public hearing.
16. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
17. ADDED ITEMS
18. NOTICES OF MOTION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 5, 2023
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Krista Vining, Acting Deputy Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.223.1046.
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council