Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Large Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 TABLING OF 2022 ANNUAL REPORT [PDF]
• Public Participation for Annual Report
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council accept the 2022 Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council Annual Report as presented.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 13, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 District Boundary Review – Phase Two Presentation [PDF]
• Public Participation
13.1.2 Councillor Nominations by Community Councils to Standing Committees [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Appoint the Councillors to Boards, Committees and Commissions for a term to November 30, 2024, as outlined in Attachment 1 of the October 14, 2022 report; and
2. Appoint the Councillors to Boards, Committees and Commissions who are the successful candidates, after a vote by secret ballot, for a term to November 30, 2024.
13.1.3 Case 23928: Development Agreement for 386 Cow Bay Road, Eastern Passage [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the September 16, 2022 report, to allow a two-storey, 12-unit multiple unit building in Eastern Passage and schedule a public hearing.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential staff report dated August 10, 2022; and
2. Direct that the staff report dated August 10, 2022 be maintained as private and confidential.
16. ADDED ITEMS – NONE
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 3, 2022