1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 27, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS- NONE
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD- NONE
12.1 Potential Changes to the Audit and Finance Standing Committee [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt the amendments to Schedule 2 of Administrative Order One- the Audit and Finance Committee Terms of Reference (Attachment B to this report) to allow for the addition of up to two members of the public as members of the Audit Committee; and
2. Direct the Clerk’s Office, in accordance with the Public Appointment Policy, to initiate a process to recruit up to two members of the public, who have an accounting designation and experience working with or in the public sector, to join the Halifax Regional Municipality Audit Committee.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Executive Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – March 27, 2018
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of March 27, 2018 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.2.1 Citizen Nominations to Halifax Port Authority
That the Executive Standing Committee convene to In Camera (In Private) to address personnel matter 14.2.1
It is recommended that the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Appoint the applicant for a term as outlined in the discussion section of the In-Camera Report dated April 18, 2018, to the Halifax Port Authority Board of Directors, and that the identity of the appointee be released to the public following ratification and notification of the successful candidate.
2. Not release this report to the public.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday, May 28, 2018 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated April 16, 2018 re: Request for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee