1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 26, 2019 and July 19, 2019 (special meeting)
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
12.2.1 Investment Activities – Quarter Ending March 31, 2019
(i) Staff Report [PDF]
(ii) Investment Policy Advisory Committee Memorandum [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the Treasurer’s Report – Quarter Ending March 31, 2019 to the Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.2.2 Funding Request – The Vimy Foundation [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Committee recommend Halifax Regional Council approve a one-time contribution to The Vimy Foundation in the amount of $10,000 from Operating Account M310-8004 for the purchase of a “legacy gift”, a Vimy Oak Tree, which will be planted in the Vimy Foundation Centennial Park, France.
12.2.3 Revised Business Case for Q521 – Convention Centre Reserve [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council repeal and replace the business case for Q521 – Convention Centre Reserve, as set out in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated February 14, 2019.
12.3 BOARD/COMMITTEES – NONE
12.4 COMMITTTEE MEMBERS – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – May 15, 2019
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of May 15, 2019 be approved as circulated.
14.2 PROPERTY MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to providing instruction and direction to officers and employees of the Municipality pertaining to the acquisition / sale of land.
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential staff report dated June 20, 2019; and
2. Not release the private and confidential staff report dated June 20, 2019 to the public until the transaction has closed.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 18, 2019
1. Information Report dated August 6, 2019 from the Legislative Assistant re: Presentation Requests - NONE [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Krista Vining, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6520