Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: December 15, 2022 Transportation Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 24, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Update on the AAA Bikeway Network Plan
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council
direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Proceed with preliminary and detailed design of the proposed street configuration and related changes to the right-of-way for Brunswick Street and Gottingen Street as described in the ‘Recommended Design Option’ section of this report, subject to approval of funding in the capital planning process; and
2. Proceed with planning and detailed design for an interim solution that is partly tactical and partly permanent as described in the ‘Potential Interim / Tactical Implementations’ section of the report, for construction in 2024.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
That the Transportation Standing Committee:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential report dated December 1, 2022; and
2. Direct that the private and confidential report dated December 1, 2022 be maintained private and confidential.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 26, 2023
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE