1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Annual Election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 7, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Nova Scotia Turtle Patrollers Operations Update – Paul Turbitt, Nova Scotia Association of Turtle Patrollers [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF 2MB]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Approval of 2020 Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee approve the 2020 meeting schedule.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 BOARDS AND COMMITTEES – NONE
13.1 Councillor Zurawski – Feasibility of Implementing a Hydrogen Economy
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee request a staff report on the feasibility of initiating programs to implement a Hydrogen Economy in the municipality. This report should consider and include consultations with researchers and engineers at Dalhousie University, hydrogen fuel cell companies such as Ballard Power, examinations of actions taken in other municipalities and jurisdictions in Canada and internationally, potential adoption of systems to allow fuel cell buses and ferries, and hydrogen as an alternative to fossil fuels for home and business, heat and cooling, and electricity generation.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 2019 Solar City Update [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee accept the annual report for the Solar City Program and forward the report to the Audit and Finance Standing Committee to approve the budget recommendation.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 9, 2019
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated November 25, 2019 re: Requests for Presentation [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant at email@example.com or 902-490-6519.