1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 9, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
12.2 FINANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
12.2.1 Third Quarter 2018/19 Financial Report [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the Third Quarter 2018/19 Financial Report to Halifax Regional Council for their information.
12.3 INVESTMENT REPORTS – NONE
12.4 STAFF – NONE
12.5 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.6 COMMITTTEE MEMBERS – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER - Public Nominations to Audit and Finance Standing Committee
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend to Halifax Regional Council:
1. Appoint the two applicants outlined in the discussion section of the private and confidential staff report dated February 14, 2019, to the Audit Committee for a term to November 30, 2020 and that the identity of the appointees be released to the public following ratification and notification of the successful candidates.
2. Proceed to nominate an alternative for first consideration when/if a vacancy occurs during the term.
3. Not release the private and confidential staff report dated February 14, 2019 to the public.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – March 27, 2018 at 10:00 a.m., Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. Information Report dated February 12, 2019 from the Legislative Assistant re: Presentation Requests - NONE [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Krista Vining, Legislative Assistant at email@example.com or 902-490-6520