1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 27, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Revision of Taxi Appeal Process [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to draft amendments to By-Law T-1000, Respecting the Regulation of Taxis, Accessible Taxis and Limousines, and any other necessary amendments, to enable appeals to be heard by an arm’s length committee consistent with the structure, composition, and operation outlined in Table 1 of the staff report dated January 2, 2020.
12.1.2 Elections Administrative Order [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt Administrative Order 2019-001-GOV, the Elections Administrative Order, as set out in Attachment 2 of this report; and
2. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to conduct a review of the administrative order after the next regular election and return to the Executive Standing Committee with their findings.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – January 27, 2020
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of January 27, 2020 be approved as presented.
14.2 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
That the Executive Standing Committee convene to In Camera to discuss a personnel matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – March 23, 2020
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated February 12, 2020 re: Requests for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood at email@example.com or 902.490.6732