1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 11, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 A Streetscaping Program Framework for the Regional Centre [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Prepare a Streetscaping Administrative Order for Council’s consideration based on the framework described in the discussion section of the November 7, 2019 staff report.
2. Advance opportunities for Regional Centre streetscaping (including, but not limited to those generally described in attachment 3 of the November 7, 2019 staff report) for consideration in future capital budgets.
3. Continue working with representatives of Nova Scotia Power and Bell Aliant to achieve funding agreements with regulatory approval, for undergrounding projects including areas beyond the existing “pole free zone”.
4. Explore options for a by-law to recoup all or some of the municipal portion of the capital cost to bury overhead line and return to Regional Council with a recommendation.
12.1.2 Lake Banook Water Sport Park and the 2022 Canoe Sprint World Championships [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to plan for the parkland improvements as outlined in the November 13, 2019 staff report in support of the 2022 ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships (Canoe ’22) and general public parkland use; and
2. Assess the need for a new Master Plan for Lake Banook, that would include all stakeholders, after Canoe ’22.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – December 11, 2019
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee approve the In Camera (In Private) minutes of December 11, 2019 as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 20, 2020 – Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 10:00 a.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated January 8, 2019 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from the Director of Legal, Municipal Clerk, and External Affairs dated September 27, 2019 re: Indicators for Building Poverty Solutions [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, A/Deputy Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.4211