There will be a live broadcast of the Transportation Standing Committee meeting's audio and all PowerPoint presentations made during the meeting. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 26, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 William Porter Connector Road Crosswalk [PDF]
12.1.1 Proposed 2021 Transportation Standing Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee approve the proposed 2021 meeting schedule as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated December 3, 2020.
12.1.2 2020/21 Q2 Halifax Transit KPI Presentation [PDF]
12.1.3 Pedestrian Push Buttons [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that the Traffic Authority:
1. Implement changes to traffic signal programming at 93 signalized intersections to activate automatic display of the pedestrian walk signal without requiring pedestrians to use the push button for all crosswalks (23 locations) or side street only crosswalks (70 locations) as indicated in Attachment 1 of the January 12, 2021 report; and
2. Adjust activation times at 144 signalized intersections such that the push button will not be required to be pressed to activate the pedestrian signal between 6 am and midnight (12 am), except to activate the audible tone where Accessible Pedestrian Signals are also present; and
3. Adjust the programming of the Accessible Pedestrian Signals at all locations to remove the requirement for the push button to be held for 3 seconds to activate the audible tone and allow for single press activation.
12.1.4 2021/22 Student Transit Pass Pilot Program [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council approve the Student Pass Pilot Program which shall be implemented in a phased approach, as described in the December 17, 2020 report.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 Approval of In Camera (In Private) Minutes – November 26, 2020
That the Transportation Standing Committee approve the In Camera (In Private) minutes of November 26, 2020 as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 On Demand Private Accessible Transportation Service Contract [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer include the procurement of an on demand accessible transportation, service as outlined in the January 7, 2021 report, for consideration as part of the Halifax Transit 2021/22 Budget and Business Plan.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION – NONE
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 25, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated January 11, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from Brad Anguish, Director of Transportation and Public Works dated November 26, 2020 re: Third Party Docked and Dockless Bike and Scooter Share [PDF]
3. Information report from Dave Reage, Executive Director of Halifax Transit dated December 16, 2020 re: 2020/21 Q2 Halifax Transit KPI Report [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6519