1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 10, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Halifax Regional Municipality Charter Review: Natural Person Powers
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council endorse the direction laid out for the Charter Review in the Conclusion section of the report dated April 28, 2017.
12.1.2 Review of By-law E-100
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt By-law E-102, the purpose of which is to amend By-law E-100, the Emergency Management By-law, to reflect the current administrative and organization structure of the Municipality.
12.1.3 Municipal Emergency Plan 2017
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the Municipal Emergency Plan 2017 as attached to the staff report dated June 19, 2017 entitled Municipal Emergency Plan 2017.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Executive Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – April 10, 2017
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of April 10, 2017 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.2.1 Citizen Nominations to the Community Monitoring Committee - Private and Confidential Supplementary Report
That the Executive Standing Committee proceed to nominate two Citizens at Large to the Community Monitoring Committee for consideration by Regional Council for a term to November 2019, as outlined in Attachment #1 of the staff report dated July 5, 2017.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday, September 18, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated July 12, 2017 re: Request for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee - None