Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: July 19, 2023 Audit and Finance Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 21, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence - None
10.2 Petitions - None
10.3 Presentations – None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
12.2.1 Budget Increase CD000001 Spring Garden Streetscaping and Contract Amendments for PO #2070858423 [PDF]
That Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve a transfer of $150,000 from Project Account No. CD000002 Argyle & Grafton to CD000001 Spring Garden Road.
2. Approve a transfer of $750,000 from Project Account No. CT190003 Downtown Dartmouth Infrastructure Renewal to CD000001 Spring Garden Road.
3. Approve a budget increase of $900,000 to Project Account CD000001 Spring Garden Streetscape.
4. Approve an increase of $908,386 (net HST included) to PO # 2070858423 for Brycon Construction Ltd. for changes in contracted scope of work, as outlined in the Financial Implications section of the staff report.
12.2.2 Administrative Order 10, Partial Tax Exemption Administrative Order and Land Titles Clarification Act Tax Relief [PDF]
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee:
1. Discharge the property taxes owed by Applicant 1 (as defined in the staff report) for a total amount of $42,732.79; and
2. Discharge the property taxes owed by Applicant 2 (as defined in the staff report) for a total amount of $2,825.49; and
3. Discharge the property taxes owed by Applicant 3 (as defined in the staff report) for a total amount of $11,970.85.
12.2.3 Business Services, P&D / PPL&C Team Augmentation [PDF]
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve a transfer of $559,234 (net HST included) from Project Account No. CI990013 (Permitting, Licensing and Compliance) to Project Account No. CI230005 (Permitting Licensing & Compliance-Ph 2);
2. Award an Alternative Procurement contract to Bell Inc., for the provision of consulting services related to the Permitting, Planning, Licensing and Compliance (PPL&C) Program, in the amount of $559,234 (net HST included), using funding from Project Account No. CI230005 (Permitting Licensing & Compliance-Ph 2) as outlined in the Financial Implications section of the staff report.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 16, 2023
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-943-8741.
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council