Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday July 21, 2021 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by Zoom or telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. Please note that public participation is where you can speak to Standing Committees about general matters. To register as a speaker for public participation:
To register as a speaker:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone 902.490.6732 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
• Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the July 22, 2021 Transportation Standing Committee meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number. For further information regarding public participation visit Communicating with Halifax Regional Council [https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council#] and expand the heading for "Public Participation - Community Councils and Standing Committees".
PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 24, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Andrea Speranza – “Proposed Changes to Bus Route 55 – Citizens of Craigburn Subdivision” [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 2020/21 Q4 Halifax Transit KPI Presentation [PDF]
12.1.2 Strategic Road Safety Plan Presentation [PDF]
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 26, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
1. Information report from Patricia Hughes dated June 10, 2021 re: 2020/21 Q4 Halifax Transit KPI Report [PDF]
2. Information report from Brad Anguish dated July 15, 2021 re: Strategic Road Safety Plan [PDF]
3. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated July 13, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood,
Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6732