1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 28, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Kiran Sachdev and Shelly Ogilvie, HRM Safe Streets for Everyone - Crosswalk Safety in HRM [PDF]
10.3.2 Amber Walker, Healthy Built Environment Coordinator, Nova Scotia Health Authority – Active Transportation Indicators and Health in the Halifax Region [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Transit Priority Corridor: Gottingen Street [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve detailed design as shown in Attachment B of the staff report dated June 21, 2018.
2. Approve the parking loss mitigation plan as described in Attachment C of the staff report dated June 21, 2018.
3. Direct staff to proceed with implementation of a peak period (7am-9am and 3pm-6pm, Monday to Friday) northbound bus lane on the Gottingen Street corridor.
4. Approve the evaluation methodology as per Attachment E of this report through which the Gottingen Street peak period northbound bus lane will be measured and evaluated one year after implementation.
12.1.2 2017/18 Fourth Quarter Halifax Transit Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Report
(i) Information report dated June 5, 2018 [PDF]
(ii) Staff presentation dated July 26, 2018 [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee forward the 2017/18 Fourth Quarter Halifax Transit Key Perforamnce Indicator information report dated June 5, 2018 and staff presentation to Regional Council as an information item.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Active Transportation Advisory Committee Update [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee as submitted.
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13.1 Deputy Mayor Mason
That the Transportation Standing Committee request that staff include in the forthcoming update report on the Municipal Design Guidelines (the Redbook), the opportunities and challenges in establishing a maximum design speed of 40 km/h for residential and collector streets consistent with the Integrated Mobility Plan and the National Association of City Transportation Officials design guidelines.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 27, 2018, Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 1:00 p.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated July 18, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]