Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 29, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – NONE
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Case 22257: Regional Plan Review – Themes and Directions Presentation [PDF]
12.1.2 Amendments to Administrative Order Number 12 Respecting the Appointment of the Traffic Authority -- Appointment of Traffic Authority and Deputy Traffic Authorities [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 12, Respecting the Appointment of the Traffic Authority as set out in Attachment 2 of this report to appoint Brad Anguish, P.Eng., as the Traffic Authority.
12.1.3 Proposed By-law for Parking and Immobilization on Private Property [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt By-law V-200, the Vehicle Immobilization By-law, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 28, 2021.
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
12.1.4 Street Art in the Right-of-Way [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to continue the use of street art, where appropriate, as part of Tactical Urbanism projects, subject to approval of the Traffic Authority.
2. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to continue allowing for art on sidewalks, subject to applicable by-laws, provided appropriate materials are used to ensure adequate slip resistance; and,
3. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to continue to only allow the installation of street art placemaking on lower volume roadways, except under extraordinary circumstances as approved by the Engineer, as outlined in the discussion section of this report.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Short Term Safety Measures Request at Joseph Howe Drive and Chain of Lakes Trail [PDF]
THAT the Transportation Standing Committee:
1. Request the designer present to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee when there is a design available, regarding the intersection where Joseph Howe Drive and the Chain of Lakes Trail meet;
2. Urgently request a staff report on, and implementation of, short term safety measures for active transportation until the final project is implemented; and
3. The correspondence be emailed to the project designer and the Transportation Standing Committee.
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 22, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
3. Information report to May 20, 2021 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee Special Meeting titled “Case 22257: Regional Plan Review – Themes and Directions Report” [PDF] (Large 58 MB)