Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chambers City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street Halifax
Minutes: June 25, 2018 Executive Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 23, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence- None
10.2 Petitions- None
10.3.1 Progress to Date on Accessibility Framework
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
12.1 Boards and Committee Appointments Formal Consultation [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the amendments to the Public Appointment Policy as outlined in Attachment 1 of the Staff recommendation report dated May 8, 2018.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Executive Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – April 23, 2018
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of April 23, 2018 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.2.1 Board and Committee Nominations- Design Review Committee
That the Executive Standing Committee convene to in camera session to consider this matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday, July 23, 2018 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
1. Information Report: Progress to Date on Accessibility Framework, dated May 10, 2018. [PDF]
2. Information Report: Request for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee, dated June 21, 2018. [PDF]