Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: June 28, 2018 Transportation Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 24, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
That the Transportation Standing Committee forward the staff report dated November 21, 2017 to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Adopt the Strategic Road Safety Plan included in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated May 16, 2018, and endorse the vision and goals identified through the data analysis, public survey and stakeholder engagement process;
2. Direct staff to move forward with the next steps required to acquire the foundational data analytic tools, develop action plans and implement the Strategic Road Safety Plan;
3. Direct staff to provide annual information reports to Transportation Standing Committee regarding the implementation of the Strategic Road Safety Plan.
12.2 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report to assess a pilot project of painted and possibly protected “sidewalks” on Winter Street and Crown Drive within the roadway.
12.3 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee as submitted.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 26, 2018, Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 1:00 p.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated June 20, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from the Director of Halifax Transit dated June 4, 2018 re: Free Transit Fares for Dedicated Feed Nova Scotia Volunteers [PDF]