1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 27, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 December 8, 2016 - Public Transit Engagement Model
(i)Staff report dated September 20, 2016 [PDF]
(ii)Supplementary Information report dated April 3, 2017 [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Direct staff to continue developing project-based engagement strategies for public transit projects, ensuring that the most appropriate consultation strategy or format is used to solicit the feedback required to inform the project’s development.
2. Direct staff to work with Planning & Development on investigation of new engagement tools as per report to Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee dated January 6, 2016
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Carriage of Two-Wheeled Devices on Halifax Transit Ferries [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to modify Halifax Transit Ferries and introduce rules to govern the carriage of two wheeled devices on ferries as outlined in the staff report dated April 10, 2017.
12.1.2 2018/19 Moving Forward Together Plan Corridor Routes Review [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Regional Council:
Direct staff to prepare a report in 18/19 that outlines any recommended modifications to Corridor Routes, as shown in the Moving Forward Together Plan. The report is to consider new or updated data, specifically including ridership data, as well as the findings of the following studies/projects:
• The Integrated Mobility Plan;
• The Bus Rapid Transit Feasibility Study;
• The Mumford Terminal Replacement Opportunities Assessment; and
• The Transit Priorities Corridor Study.
12.1.3 Addition of Lucasville Road, Brunswick Street and other corridors as candidate routes to the Active Transportation Priorities Plan [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council amend the Active Transportation Priorities Plan by designating the following segments as “candidate routes” as described in the staff report dated April 26, 2017 report: Lucasville Road; Brunswick Street; Ahern Street; Sackville Street; George Street; and Africville Historic Site access points.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Willow Street Local Street Bikeway [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council request a staff report on adding a new corridor connecting candidate Local Street Bikeway routes Charles Street to Allan/Oak Street to the Active Transportation Priorities, as presented at the September 15, 2016
meeting of the Active Transportation Advisory Committee.
12.3 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE UPDATES
12.4.1 Update from Active Transportation Advisory Committee [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Committee as submitted.
12.4.2 Update from Accessibility Advisory Committee [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Accessibility Advisory Committee as submitted.
13.1 Councillor Mason
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on the challenges and opportunities regarding a one-time redirection of sidewalk replacement, renewal, and new sidewalk funding to fund a program to improve key curb ramps at critical intersections leading to schools, institutions, hospitals, commercial areas and transit terminal and key bus stops to bring sidewalk infrastructure to the revised accessible Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standards.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf [PDF]
14.1.1 Citizen Appointment to Halifax Harbour Bridge Commission
That the Transportation Standing Committee convene to In Camera to discuss a citizen appointment to the Halifax Harbour Bridge Commission as outlined in the May 19, 2017 Private and Confidential Staff report.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 22, 2017
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated May 31, 2017 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Director of Finance and Access Management dated April 25, 2017 re: Halifax Urban Greenway Association (HUGA) Trail License or Easement [PDF]