1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 23, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1.1 Correspondence from David Clark, President of the Hotels Association of Nova Scotia, dated March 1, 2017 re: Tourism Marketing and Event Leadership for HRM
10.3.1 Mr. George Borgal, Chair, Battle of the Atlantic Place Project Working Group - Battle of the Atlantic Place [PDF]
10.3.2 Mr. Paul MacKinnon, Executive Director Downtown Halifax Business Commission - Navigator Street Outreach Program [PDF]
10.3.3 Mr. Derek Martin, President, Sports & Entertainment Atlantic – Temporary Stadium on the Wanderers Grounds [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 February 23, 2017 - Memorandum from the Managing Director of Government Relations and External Affairs dated January 4, 2017 re: Destination Halifax Update [PDF]
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee forward the report dated January 4, 2017 to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
11.2 February 23, 2017 – Memorandum from the Chair of the Community Design Advisory Committee dated February 9, 2017 re: A Rapid Health Impact Assessment of HRM’s Draft Regional Centre Plan [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee forward the report dated February 9, 2017 to Halifax Regional Council for their information.
12.1.1 Halifax Green Network Plan - Planning & Implementation Directions [PDF - 59 Mb]
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct that staff use the Halifax Green Network Plan Primer December 2016, attached as Attachment A of the staff report dated February 2, 2017, as the framework for the final phase of public engagement, and for the development of the full consolidated Halifax Green Network Plan, and that staff return to Council for its consideration of the resulting Plan.
12.1.2 Kindness Meters [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct staff that procurement documents for parking pay stations specify that the pay stations have the ability to be programmed to accept charitable donations.
2. Direct staff that parking pay stations be programmed to accept charitable donations when they are installed (expected in summer of 2018).
3. Once parking pay stations are installed and operating, direct staff to negotiate a Contribution Agreement with United Way of Halifax Region for kindness meter funds to advance identified charitable purposes, and return to Council with the resulting Contribution Agreement or key terms.
13. COMMITTEE MEMBERS
13.1 Councillor Mason – Changes to “Welcomed in Halifax” Program Criteria [PDF]
That Community Planning Economic Development Standing Committee request a staff report regarding possible extension of the “Welcomed in Halifax” program for refugees to individuals with Refugee Protection Claimant Documents and other refugee claimants as outlined in the letter from North Star Law and Halifax Refugee Clinic dated March 16, 2017.
14. MOTIONS - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Standing Committees may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – February 23, 2017
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee approve the In Camera (In Private) Minutes of February 23, 2017.
15.2. Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
15.2.1 Citizen Appointments to ArtsHalifax Advisory Committee
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee proceed to nominate two (2) citizens at large to the ArtsHalifax Advisory Committee for consideration by Regional Council for a term to June, 2018 as outlined in attachment 1 of the private and confidential staff report dated March 14, 2017.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 5, 2017 – 1:00 p.m. Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated March 15, 2017 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]