1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 26, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Ron Zima, GoGreen Communications and The Children’s Clean Air Network – Halifax Idle-Free Climate Action [PDF]
-Presentation [PDF - 24 Mb]
10.3.2 Jerry Blumenthal, Canadian Association Retired Persons – Segways on HRM Sidewalks [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 December 8, 2016 - Memorandum from the Director of Transportation & Public Works dated November 22, 2016 re: Segway Safety on HRM Sidewalks [PDF]
12.1.1 SmartTrip Membership Fee Structure and EPass Agreement Amendments [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Adopt By-law U-101, the purpose of which is to amend Schedule 2 of By-law U-100, Respecting User Charges, changing the annual SmartTrip membership fee structure, as set out in Attachment B of the staff report dated January 16, 2017; and
2. Approve the amendments to the EPass Memorandum of Understanding, converting the EPass Program from one based on a calendar year to one based on a 12 month commitment, as set out in Attachment E of the staff report dated January 16, 2017
12.1.2 Transit 2016/17 Third Quarter Key Performance Indicators
(i) Information Report dated March 2, 2017 [PDF]
(ii) Staff presentation dated March 23, 2017 [PDF]
That the Transportation receive a staff presentation on the Transit 2016/17 Third Quarter Key Performance Indicators
12.1.3 Speed Limits in Residential Areas [PDF]
That That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council submit a request to the Province of Nova Scotia to reduce the speed limit in residential districts identified in section 101(2) of the Motor Vehicle Act to forty kilometres per hour (40 km/h).
12.1.4 Traffic Control Persons for Special Events [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council
1. Request that the Government of Nova Scotia amend the Nova Scotia Motor Vehicle Act to permit Traffic Control Persons to direct the movement of traffic for special events.
2. Request that the Government of Nova Scotia modify the Province’s training and accreditation processes to reflect special events-related roles for Traffic Control Persons and Temporary Workplace Signers.
3. Request that the Government of Nova Scotia revise the Province’s TC Manual to include standards, principles and guidelines applicable to special events-related traffic control scenarios.
12.1.5 Staff Presentation – Integrated Mobility Plan Update [PDF - 13 Mb]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive a staff presentation regarding an update on the Integrated Mobility Plan
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – July 21, 2016 & January 26, 2017
That the Transportation Standing Committee approve the In Camera Minutes of July 21, 2016 & January 26, 2017 as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
14.2.1 Citizen nomination to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee.
That the Transportation Standing Committee:
1. Proceed to nominate (1) Citizen at large for consideration by Regional Council for a term to November, 2018 as outlined in Attachment # 1 of the private and confidential staff report dated March 14, 2017.
2. It is further recommended that the citizen nominations not be released to the public until ratification and notification of the successful applicants
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 27, 2017 1:00 p.m., Council Chamber, 3rd
Floor, City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated March 15, 2017 re: Request for Presentations to the Transportation Standing Committee [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Director of Transportation and Public Works dated March 10, 2017 re: Pedestrian Safety Semi-Annual Reporting [PDF]