PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on May 19, 2021, to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. To register as a speaker for public participation:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 902-292-3962 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the May 20, 2021 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee special meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number. For further information regarding public participation visit Communicating with Halifax Regional Council and expand the heading for "Public Participation - Community Councils and Standing Committees".
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 15, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Our HRM Alliance 7 Solutions – Meredith Baldwin, Our HRM Alliance Coordinator, and Kathleen Hall, Our HRM Alliance Chair [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Noise Management and Mitigation in Downtown Areas – Argyle Street Entertainment District [PDF]
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council approve By-law N-206, amending By-law N-200, Respecting Noise, as set out in Attachment B of the March 22 report.
12.1.2 Multi-Service Youth Centre Evaluation [PDF]
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve the continuation of the collaborative multi-agency, Multi-Service Youth Centre (The Den) at Acadia School in Lower Sackville;
2. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to continue to seek opportunities to establish multi-services youth centres in other areas of the municipality based on the approach outlined in the discussion section of the April 6, 2021 report;
3. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to adopt the multi-service youth centre model as outlined in this report as the preferred model in the delivery of programs and services to youth in the municipality; and
4. Subject to approval of funds in the 2022/23 budget, the confirmation of a suitable location and the commitment of the stakeholders, approve the creation of a multi-service youth centre in the Spryfield/Herring Cove area.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Case 22257: Regional Plan Review – Themes and Directions Presentation [PDF] (Large 7 Mb)
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 17, 2021
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated May 10, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from Kelly Denty, Executive Director of Planning and Development dated May 4, 2021 re: Case 22257: Regional Plan Review – Themes and Directions Report [PDF] (Large 58 Mb)
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-490-6519