1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 23, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Jennifer Getz, Coordinator – Leading with Transit: Guiding Principles and Vision for a long Term HRM Transit Strategy [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – April 23, 2019
11.1 Information report from the Director of Halifax Transit dated February 13, 2019 re: Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Study [PDF]
12.1.1 Amendment to Active Transportation Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (Reduction of Councillor Compliment) [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the amendments to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee Terms of Reference as outlined in attachment 2 of the staff report dated March 22, 2019.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Formal Request for Changes to the Terms of Reference for the Active Transportation Advisory Committee [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report to consider an amendment to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee’s Terms of Reference to allow for public consultation and public participation at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13.1 Councillor Cleary
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on third party docked and dockless bike and scooter share. The report should indicate what by-law changes might be required, and identify any issues surrounding encroachments, etc.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER - Citizen Appointments to the Halifax Harbour Bridge Commission
That the Transporation Standing Committee convene to in camera to discuss the matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 27, 2019 at 1:00 p.m., Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated May 16, 2019 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from the Director of Transportation and Public Works dated April 12, 2019 re: Variable Message Signs on the Eastern Region of the Municipality [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org 902-490-6521