1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 26, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Bruce Clarke, Q.C. Buchells LLP, on behalf of the Transportation Association of Nova Scotia re: Vehicle Sideguard Protection required by HRM [PDF]
10.3.2 William H. Mahody, Q.C. Merrick, Jamieson, Sterns, Washington and Mahody, on behalf of the Nova Scotia Association of Road Builders re: Vehicle Sideguard Protection required by HRM [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 March 26, 2018 - Memorandum from the Director of Transportation and Public Works dated January 16, 2018 re: Protected Bike Lanes on Rainnie Drive – Parking in the Buffer [PDF]
12.1.1 Route 370 Porters Lake Pilot Project [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to maintain the current routing of the Route 370 Porters Lake as shown in the approved Moving Forward Together Plan.
12.2 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.3.1 Active Transportation Advisory Committee Update [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee as submitted
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – March 26, 2018
That the Transportation Standing Committee approve the March 26, 2018 In Camera (In Private) as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.2.1 Board/Committee Appointment
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve the applicant outlined in the discussion section of the Private and Confidential report dated May 16, 2018 to the Halifax Dartmouth Bridge Commission and that the identity of the appointee be released to the public following the ratification and notification of the successful candidate.
2. Not release this report to the public.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 28, 2018, Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 1:00 p.m.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated May 17, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Acting Director of Transportation and Public Works dated March 15, 2018 re: Pedestrian Safety Semi-Annual Report [PDF]
3. Memorandum from the Director of Halifax Transit dated April 26, 2018 re: Transit in West Bedford [PDF]
4. Memorandum from the Director of Halifax Transit dated May 4, 2018 re: Ferry Service during Special Events [PDF]