Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: November 28, 2022 Executive Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
Revised November 25, 2022 at 2:20 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 24, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 District Boundary Phase Two Recommendation [PDF]
- Staff presentation [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed polling district boundaries as set out in Attachments 1 and 3 of the staff report dated November 24, 2022 for submission to the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board.
12.1.2 Executive Standing Committee 2023 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee approve the proposed 2023 Executive Standing Committee meeting schedule as circulated.
12.2 WOMEN’S ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Gendered Approach to Zoning Bylaws [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee request a staff report and recommendations for ultimate consideration by Regional Council:
- Examining how proposed by-law changes may be consistently reviewed from a gendered lens; and
- Reviewing how existing zoning by-laws may adversely impact the safety of women and gender diverse individuals in the HRM area.
12.3 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of October 24, 2022 be approved as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – TBD
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catie Campbell, Legislative Assistant, at Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org or 782-641-0796
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council