1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 17, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 2018 Council Meeting Schedule
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed 2018 Council Meeting Schedule as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated July 27, 2017.
12.1.2 Support for Halifax Access4All Accessibility Policy and Action Plan
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend to Halifax Regional Council that:
1. the Walk ‘n Roll proposal for funding, as submitted, be refused on the grounds that that $90,000 has already been allocated in the 2017/2018 budget to support the delivery of accessibility related initiatives across the municipality;
2. the CAO, through the Diversity and Inclusion office, continue work on HRM’s framework and reporting model for Halifax’s Inclusive and Accessible initiatives with consultation and input from Walk ‘n Roll Halifax, the Accessibility Advisory Committee, and other community organizations and individuals, with the framework to be in alignment with the Council Priority Areas of Healthy, Liveable Communities (Recreation & Leisure), Social Development (Accessible Community), and Transportation (Interconnected & Strategic Growth; A Safe & Accessible Transportation Network); and
3. that the CAO prepare a report outlining progress to date on the accessibility framework.
12.1.3 Amendments to Administrative Order One – Public Presentations
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the amendments to Administrative Order One, the Procedures of the Council Administrative Order, with respect to sections 19 Agenda Review, section 44 Requests for Presentation and section 45 Presentations, as set out in Attachment 2 to the staff report dated October 10, 2017.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13.1 Councillor Mason
That the Executive Standing Committee request a staff report regarding possible modifications to the Committee’s Terms of Reference to include:
1. Recommending and reviewing policies regarding Council Support and Mayor’s Office including but not limited to local and out-of-province travel, levels and standards for office support, advertising, discretionary and district capital funds.
2. Council Support and Mayor’s Office budget review during budget process.
3. Policies regarding elected officials’ office space as well as public spaces of City Hall and Grand Parade.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Executive Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – July 17, 2017
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of July 17, 2017 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.2.1 Citizen Nominations to Community Monitoring Committee – Private and Confidential Report
That the Executive Standing Committee proceed to nominate one Citizen at Large to the Community Monitoring Committee for consideration by Regional Council for a term to November, 2019 as outlined in Attachment 1 of the Private and Confidential staff report dated October 2, 2017.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday, November 20, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated October 18, 2017 re: Request for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee - None