Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, City Hall 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: October 25, 2018 Transportation Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 26, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Regional Council direct Halifax Transit to remove existing weekday time of day restrictions on Access-A-Bus usage, and provide service to registered clients for a minimum service day of 6:00 am to 12:00 am from Monday to Friday.
12.1.2 2018/19 First Quarter Halifax Transit Key Performance Indicator Report
(i) Staff presentation dated October 25, 2018
(ii) Staff information report dated August 15, 2018 [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive a staff presentation on the 2018/19 First Quarter Halifax Transit Key Performance Indicator Report.
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to implement routing and peak period service for the Route 415 as described in the approved Moving Forward Together Plan.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee as submitted.
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on the feasibility of:
1. Implementing a Transit Pass Program similar to Kingston, Ontario’s that would provide a bus pass to all high school students along with orientation sessions at schools;
2. Increasing the age that children ride free until from 5 to 16 as part of the fare strategy.
15.2 Councillor Zurawski - Transit Changes in District 12 [PDF]
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 29, 2018, Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 1:00 p.m.