Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: October 27, 2022 Transportation Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
Updated Tuesday October 27, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 3, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Strategic Road Safety Plan 2022 Annual Report [PDF]
- Staff presentation [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee forward the staff report dated October 21, 2022, to Regional
Council for information.
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve the installation of 2.2km of bicycle facilities in Dartmouth North through Farrell Park, Farrell Street, Victoria Road and Highfield Park Drive as described in the Discussion section the staff report dated October 13, 2022
2. Direct Chief Administrative Officer to consider planning and implementation of opportunities for other Dartmouth North mobility improvements including a corridor functional plan for Victoria Road and local street enhancements as identified by this planning study and described in the Discussion section of the staff report dated October 13, 2022.
12.1.3 Hammonds Plains Road and Lucasville Road – Intersection Improvements [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Prioritize short-term operational improvements to the signalized intersection, including upgrades to the traffic controller cabinet and vehicle detection, along with updated signal timing plans; and
2. Ensure appropriate, longer-term intersection modifications, including accommodation of pedestrians, cyclists, and transit, are appropriately planned for through the development review process.
That the Transportation Standing Committee accept the staff report dated October 12, 2022.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE - NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 24, 2022