Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: October 3, 2022 Transportation Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 25, 2022 & September 14, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Porter’s Lake Business Association [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Transit Electronic Fare Options [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt By-law U-112, amending By-law U-100, the User Charges By-law, as set out in Attachment D of the staff report dated September 8, 2022.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Councillor Mason [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee requests a staff report and recommendations for potential amendments to HRM Bylaw T-1000, Respecting the Regulation of Taxis, Accessible Taxis, Limousines and Transportation Network Companies, the purpose of which is to creating a new category to provide legislation that relates to the tourism industry, operating passenger vehicles, with a maximum seating capacity of 8 passengers within HRM.
13.1.1 Councillor Mason
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report which outlines the process for short and long-term traffic diversion from Municipal streets full or partial for the purposes of creating pedestrian focused spaces, events and activations. The report should outline any required regulation or regulatory changes, consultation requirements, stakeholders, organizer, and Municipal responsibilities and authorities along with an appeal process.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 27, 2022
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catie Campbell, Legislative Assistant, at Catherine.email@example.com or 782-641-0796
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council