1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 25, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 HRM Election Campaign Financing By-law [PDF]
i) Staff Presentation dated September 20, 2018 [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt By-law C-1100, the Campaign Financing By-law, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 15, 2018;
2. Direct staff to conduct a review of By-law C-1100 after the next regular election and return to the Executive Standing Committee with their findings; and
3. Request a staff report regarding the introduction of an administrative order on the use of HRM corporate resources during an election.
12.1.2 Potential Municipal Lobbyist Registry [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council maintain its current approach and continue to rely on existing policies and legislation to promote the accountability of elected officials.
12.1.3 2019 Council Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed 2019 Council meeting scheduled as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated August 14, 2018.
12.1.4 Youth Advisory Committee – Establish a Staff Board [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council request the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to establish a staff board, pursuant to Section 6.2 of the Public Appointment Policy Staff Review, consisting of the Manager Youth Programs, the Youth Community Developer, a representative from the Municipal Clerk’s Office, and the CAO or their designate, to review applications to the Youth Advisory Committee, and disclose to the Executive Standing Committee any relevant evaluations or references that may have been conducted.
12.2 ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON ACCESSIBILITY IN HRM
12.2.1 Designation of the Cogswell Redevelopment Project as a Rick Hansen Gold Zone [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to include the designation of the Cogswell District Redevelopment Project as a Rick Hansen Gold Zone in the upcoming Cogswell District Redevelopment 90 percent Design and Approval report, such that the redevelopment of any lands within the Cogswell District achieve the Rick Hansen Foundation Gold Accessibility Standard.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday, October 22, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated September 10, 2018 re: Requests for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee – None [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Phoebe Rai at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.6517