Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Updated September 18, 2023
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 16, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD - NONE
13.1 AUDITOR GENERAL - None
13.2.1 First Quarter 2023/24 Financial Report [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
THAT the Audit & Finance Standing Committee forward the First Quarter 2023/24 Financial Report to Regional Council for their information.
13.2.2 Risk and Resiliency Reserve Withdrawals & Emergency Funding [PDF]
THAT the Audit & Finance Standing Committee, recommend to Regional Council to:
1. Approve a transfer of $15,000,000 from the Capital Funds Reserve, Q526 into the Risk and Resiliency Reserve, Q416;
2. Approve an unbudgeted withdrawal of up to $25,000,000 from the Risk and Resiliency Reserve, Q416;
3. Approve the full, remaining balance of the Risk and Resiliency Reserve, Q416, (after the withdrawal of the $25,000,000 as set forth in Recommendation 2 of the staff report dated September 11, 2023) be used toward unbudgeted costs for remediation and replacement expenditures related to emergency and disaster events which are more fully described in this report; and,
4. Direct that any funding that is received from other external sources, such as provincial or federal government relief programs, be reallocated to the Risk and Resiliency Reserve, Q416.
13.2.3 Former Herring Cove Treatment Plant Community Integration Fund – Proposed Upgrade to William King Elementary School Park Playground [PDF]
THAT Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the transfer of $55,000 from Options Reserve Q421 to Capital Account CP200001 – Park Recapitalization for the purpose of capital upgrades to the William King Elementary School Park playground.
13.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE - NONE
13.4 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE - NONE
14. MOTIONS - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – August 16, 2023
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes August 16, 2023 be approved as circulated.
15.2 PERSONNEL MATTER - Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
That Audit & Finance Standing Committee:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential report dated September 6, 2023; and
2. Direct that the private and confidential report dated September 6, 2023 be maintained private and confidential.
15.3 PROPERTY MATTER - Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to providing instruction and direction to officers and employees of the Municipality pertaining to the acquisition / sale of land.
THAT Audit & Finance Standing Committee:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential report dated June 1, 2023; and
2. Direct that the private and confidential report dated June 1, 2023 be maintained private and confidential.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 18, 2023
2. Memorandum from Legislative Assistant dated September 15, 2023 re: Requests for Presentation to Audit and Finance Standing Committee [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Dorothy Maponga, Legislative Assistant, at Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-478-2408
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council