1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 21, 2016
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 On Street Bicycle Parking Policies (deferred from April 28, 2016 meeting of the Transportation Standing Committee)
- Report [PDF]
Minutes Extract [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on the subject of On-street Bicycling Parking Policies, as per the information submitted by the Halifax Cycling Coalition to ATAC on February 18, 2016.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 Parking on Quinpool Road
- Information Report [PDF]
- Minutes Extract [PDF]
12.1.1 Amendment to Administrative Order 39, Schedule 5 [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request Regional Council amend Administrative Order #39, Schedule 5, Respecting Taxi and Limousine Regulations, as set out in Appendix B.
12.1.2 Local Street Bikeway Implementation Administrative Order [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council approve the Administrative Order respecting Local Street Bikeway Implementation (Attachment #1).
12.1.3 2007 Crosswalk Policy Notification Process for Removal of a Crosswalk [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council adopt Administrative Order 2016-006-ADM, the Marked Crosswalk Removal Notification Administrative Order, as set out in Attachment 1 of this report.
12.1.4 Halifax Transit 2016/17 Q1 Report – Staff Presentation [PDF]
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Councillor Waye Mason – Overnight Street Cleaning
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report regarding the financial and operational implications of eliminating overnight non-emergency municipal operations.
12.3 COMMITTEE UPDATES
12.3.1 Accessibility Advisory Committee [PDF]
12.3.2 Active Transportation Advisory Committee [PDF]
13.1 Councillor Waye Mason [PDF]
THAT the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report regarding possible extension of hours of parking permit control on residential streets later than 4 p.m. in areas adjacent to commercial zones with night operations.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 24, 2016 1:00 p.m., Council Chambers, 3rd
Floor, City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. Request for Presentations to the Transportation Standing Committee [PDF]
2. Use of Lane Light RRFB Rapid Flashing Beacons for Crosswalks in HRM [PDF]
3. Crosswalk and Pedestrian Safety Semi-Annual Report [PDF]
4. Margeson Drive Extension and the Integrated Mobility Plan [PDF]