1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 27, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1.1 Correspondence from John Cascaddan, Lewis Lake, NS re Crosswalk Safety
10.3.1 Dr. Meghan Winters, Simon Fraser University re: Study on Impacts of Cycling Infrastructure in Mid-Sized Cities (IBIMS)
- Presentation - Study of Impacts on Cycling Infrastructure in Mid-Sized Cities
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 July 27, 2017 - Memorandum from the Director of Legal, Municipal Clerk and External Affairs dated May 10, 2017 re: Restriction and Control of Motor Vehicle Noise [PDF]
12.1.1 Staff Presentation and Information Report – 2017/18 Q1 Halifax Transit KPI Report [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee forward the 2017/18 Q1 Halifax Transit KPI report to Halifax Regional Council for Information.
12.1.2 Qualifying Criteria for Traffic Calming Measures [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council direct the CAO to return to Council for approval of the necessary amendments to Administrative Order #2015-004-OP, Respecting Traffic Calming to effect the following:
1. to require the sum of fifty percent of the total number of ballots received plus one ballot for a majority; and
2. to direct that a new poll be undertaken under the revised Administrative Order for those requests that were previously polled and did not achieve a majority as originally defined.
12.2.2 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE - NONE
12.3 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.3.1 LeMarchant-St. Thomas Drop-off Loop [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee review the presentation by the Ecology Action Centre regarding the LeMarchant-St. Thomas Elementary School proposed drop off loop and the potential for students to safely access the school through active transit modes.
12.4 COMMITTEE UPDATES - NONE
13. MOTIONS - NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011.
14.1.1 Citizen Nominations to the Halifax-Dartmouth Bridge Commission
That the Transportation Standing Committee:
1.Appoint the applicant, outlined in the discussion section of the Private and Confidential report dated September 18, 2017, to the Halifax-Dartmouth Bridge Commission and that the identity of the appointee be released to the public following ratification and notification of the successful candidate.
2. Not release the September 18, 2017 Private and Confidential report to the public.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 26, 2017
1. .Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated September 28, 2017 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Director of Public Works dated May 23, 2017 re On Street Bicycle Parking [PDF]