Search below for volunteer opportunities in Halifax.
You can also search the following external websites for local volunteer opportunities.
Do you have a volunteer opportunity that you want residents to know about? Send the details of the opportunity to Volunteer Services and make sure to include:
- job title
- job description
- contact name
- contact phone number
- contact email address
If approved, your volunteer opportunity will be posted to the Halifax website.
Your posting will be taken down after 4 weeks unless you contact us to request additional posting time.
Job title: Frontline Volunteer
Job description: Out of the Cold works to provide shelter and a community drop-in space for people who are homeless or precariously housed in the HRM. Frontline volunteers work directly with our guests; tasks include serving meals, conducting intakes, helping people find dry/warm clothes from the donation room, and chatting with guests. Volunteers are an integral part of staffing the shelter, and create a safe and welcoming environment for our guests.
Contact name: Rachael Gardiner
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Office Assistant(s)
Job Description: Are you interested in gaining skills at a local non-profit? The Nature Trust is looking for individuals who can commit a morning or an afternoon each week to help with data entry and database maintenance, as well as the odd office task (mail outs, filing, etc.). Knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel) is required, and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software is considered an asset. Individuals must have keen attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to work independently. Training and support will be provided. Help us in our mission to protect Nova Scotia’s natural legacy!
Contact Name: Ryan MacLean
Contact Phone: (902) 425-5263
Contact Email: email@example.com
Job title: Volunteer Driver
Job description: Hospice Halifax is partnering with VON to find volunteer drivers. The goal is to make transportation easier for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Contact name: Linden Hardie
Contact phone number: (902) 446-0929
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Halifax Regional Municipality is providing this website as a resource for those seeking to volunteer to better their community. The Municipality is not responsible for any entity listed on this website, nor for the quality of volunteer opportunity. The Municipality does not endorse, sponsor, or validate the opportunities posted here.
Organizations meeting the below criteria may request the use of this site to post volunteer opportunities. Halifax Regional Municipality reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse and/or remove any volunteer posting.
Please ensure that your volunteer opportunity meets the following criteria before you submit.
1. The organization you are submitting from must be one of the following:
• “A non-profit organization that is a registered charity, or incorporated under the Societies Act of Nova Scotia or similar”.
• An organization that is hosting a community event located in Nova Scotia, preferably Halifax; or
• A Canadian public, municipal, provincial or federal government office or service within Halifax.
2. The volunteer opportunity must address the needs of the Nova Scotian, preferably Halifax, community, and create a positive impact on the community.
3. The following are not accepted:
• Paid positions.
• Positions that charge a fee to participate.
• Positions that take place outside of Nova Scotia or are supervised from outside of Nova Scotia.
• Positions that resemble internships, either paid or unpaid.