Mobile Home Park Operating Permits/Licenses
Mobile Home Parks in the Halifax Regional Municipality are regulated by three separate By-laws:
- Properties in the former Municipality of the County of Halifax are regulated by the Halifax County Mobile Home Park By-law (By-law 29)
- Properties in the former City of Dartmouth are regulated by the City of Dartmouth By-law Respecting Mobile Homes and Mobile Home Parks (By-law M-200)
- Properties in the former City of Halifax are regulated by the City of Halifax Ordinance Respecting Mobile Home Parks (Ordinance 143)
Under each of these By-laws, operators of mobile home parks are required to obtain an Operating Permit or Operating License each year. Operating Permits/Licenses are valid from June 1 to May 31 the following year. The requirements for obtaining a permit/license vary, depending on which By-law applies to the mobile home park. The requirements for making an application are listed on the applicable application form for each By-law area below.
How to Apply for an Operating Permit/License
To obtain your Operating Permit/License, you must complete the relevant application form below, and email it, along with all required documentation. There is no fee for making this application.
- Former Halifax County / Former City of Dartmouth Mobile Home Park Operating Permit/License Application
- Former City of Halifax Mobile Home Park Operating License Application
Have further questions about Mobile Home Parks or permitting requirements? Email us.