Waye Mason is a community, entrepreneur and educator and municipal councillor. Re-elected to his third term as Councillor in 2020, he is known for his social media savvy and relentless constituency work.
Waye has grown businesses, led member organizations and developed the arts and culture sector in Nova Scotia for over two decades. His career in the music industry spanned artist development to live event production, and he has become a well-known business and strategic consultant both inside and outside the cultural sector.
Born and raised in Dartmouth, Waye lives in Halifax with his wife and two children.
Councillor Mason is a member of the following Boards and Committees:
- Halifax and West Community Council
- Regional Centre Community Council, Vice Chair
- Transportation Standing Committee, Chair
- Executive Standing Committee
- Point Pleasant Park Advisory Committee
- Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee
- Indigenous Community Liaison
- Halifax Partnership
- Green Municipal Fund Council