1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 12, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 DANGEROUS OR UNSIGHTLY PREMISES: DEMOLITIONS
12.1.1 Case 300322, 21 Conrod Road, Grant Desert [PDF]
That the Appeals Standing Committee finds the property to be dangerous or unsightly as per section 3(q) of the Charter and as per section 356 of the Charter, orders demolition of the main building, including but not limited to, the removal of all demolition debris, backfilling of any foundation or crawl space, and disconnecting any and all utility connections to the standard set by each respective utility service provider, so as to leave the property in a neat, tidy, environmentally compliant and safe condition within thirty (30) days after the Order is posted in a conspicuous place upon the property or personally served upon the owner. Otherwise, the Municipality will exercise its rights as set forth under Part XV (15) of the Charter.
12.2.1 Proposed 2018 Appeals Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Appeals Standing Committee approve the proposed 2018 meeting schedule as outlined in Attachment 1 to the staff report dated November 16, 2017.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 11, 2018, 10:00 a.m. Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
Hearings of the Appeals Standing Committee are open to the public and any information, including personal information, which is provided or obtained in relation to your appeal, will be a matter of public record.