1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 15 & November 29, 2018 (Special Meeting)
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 November 15, 2018 - Blasting By-law B-600 Review
(i) Staff Presentation dated January 17, 2018 [PDF]
(ii) Heritage Advisory Committee report dated October 1, 2018 [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee receive a staff presentation on the impacts of Blasting on heritage properties.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Chris Atwood, Executive Director, CBDC Blue Water - CBDC Bluewater: Economic Development in rural HRM [PDF]
10.3.2 John Rogers, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer, Halifax Partnership - Halifax Partnership – An Economic Snapshot and Highlights of 2018-19 Initiatives & Results to Date [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Building Poverty Solutions – Ideas for Action [PDF]
-Staff Presentation [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommends that Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Continue to work collaboratively with United Way Halifax on the development and implementation of anti-poverty solutions for the municipality;
2. Include a strategic response to the United Way report “Building poverty solutions: Ideas for Action” in the development of a Social Policy Lens; and
3. Incorporate updates on federal/provincial poverty reduction action plans and basic income projects when reporting on the Social policy lens and poverty reduction solutions.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera (In Private) Minutes – November 15, 2018
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee approve the In Camera (In Private) minutes of November 15, 2018 as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy.
14.2.1 Citizen Nominations to Heritage Advisory Committee
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee
1.Proceed to nominate one resident at large to the Heritage Advisory Committee for a term to November 30, 2020 for consideration by Regional Council as outlined in Attachment # 1 of the private and confidential staff report dated January 3, 2019.
2.Proceed to nominate an alternative for first consideration when/if a vacancy occurs during the term. 3.That the names of the successful appointees be released to the public following ratification and notification of applicants.
4.That this report not be released to the public.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 21, 2018 – Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 10:00 a.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated December 5, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from the Director of Planning and Development dated October 31, 2018 re: Integrated Wayfinding Strategy – Update [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.6521