1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 15, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – May 15, 2019
11.1 Information Report dated February 20, 2019 re: Enterprise Risk Management Update [PDF]
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Road and Sidewalk Asset Management Audit
- Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
12.2 FINANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
12.2.1 Fourth Quarter 2018/19 Financial Report [PDF]
- Staff Report [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the Fourth Quarter 2018/19 Financial Report to Halifax Regional Council for their information.
12.3 INVESTMENT REPORTS – NONE
12.4.1 Waverley Community Association Agreement Request [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve the provision of a two-year contribution in the amount of $20,000 annually to the Waverley Community Association towards operating expenses to be funded from Operating Account C230;
2. Authorize the Chief Administrative Officer, or their designate, to negotiate, enter into, and execute a
Contribution Agreement on behalf of the Municipality with the Waverley Community Association substantially in the same form as the draft Contribution Agreement included as Attachment 1 of the staff report dated June 12, 2019, and otherwise acceptable to the Chief Administrative Officer.
12.5 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.6 COMMITTTEE MEMBERS – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – May 15, 2019
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of May 15, 2019 be approved as circulated.
14.2 PERSONNEL MATTER – Road and Sidewalk Asset Management Audit
A matter pertaining to a personnel matter about an identifiable individual/individuals or body with whom the municipality has a direct interest, information whose disclosure could reasonably be expected to prejudice the interests of the municipality or contain private personnel information which is protected under policy or law.
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee convene to in camera to discuss the matter.
15.1 Fourth Quarter 2018/19 Hospitality Expenses Report [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee approve the fourth quarter report of hospitality expenses.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 17, 2019
1. Information Report dated May 10, 2019 from the Director of Corporate and Customer Services re: Management of Surplus Buildings and Land [PDF]
2. Information Report dated June 17, 2019 from the Legislative Assistant re: Presentation Requests - NONE [PDF]