Meeting rescheduled from March 22, 2018
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 22, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Restriction of Motorized Access on Proposed AT Greenway [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to continue to pursue the Active Transportation Plan and Integrated Mobility Plan objective to develop a new segment of the active transportation network on the Gaetz Brook corridor with the understanding that the Provincial Government will make the decision on whether or not this segment is motorized or unmotorized.
12.1.2 Participation of the Chain of Lakes Trail in the Rum Runners Trail [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council approve the participation of the Chain of Lakes Trail as part of the Rum Runners Trail, subject to the conditions of participation described in the Discussion section of the staff report dated February 8, 2018.
12.1.3 HRM Traffic Management and Safety Policy Book [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to amend the Traffic Control Practices & Warrants document as appropriate to remain consistent with the principles of the Integrated Mobility Plan and to support the Complete Streets policy and revisions to the Municipal Design Guidelines (Red Book).
12.1.4 Halifax Transit 2017/18 Third Quarter KPI Report
(i) Staff presentation dated March 26, 2018 [PDF]
(ii) Information report dated January 10, 2018 [PDF]
12.1.5 Impacts of Expanding the Low Income Transit Pass [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council direct staff to:
1. Increase the number of places available in the Low Income Transit Pass program to 2,000 for the 2019/20 program year (starting July 2019);
2. Monitor program uptake to understand the impact the new partnership with the Department of Community Services may have on demand for the Low Income Transit Pass Program; and
3. Revise the eligibility criteria to accept a letter from social workers or ISANS in lieu of a Notice of Assessment or Option C as proof of qualification for the Low Income Transit Pass Program.
12.2 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Councillor Nicoll – Federal Public Transit Infrastructure Fund [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report asking Halifax Transit for a 10-year plan in response to the criteria of the Federal Public Transit Infrastructure Fund.
12.3 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE UPDATES
12.4.1 Active Transportation Advisory Committee Update [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee as submitted
13.1 Councillor Cleary
That the Transportation Standing request a staff report on the feasibility, benefits, and authority to install red light cameras and electronic speed detection devices.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.1.1 Appointment to the Halifax Harbour Bridges Board of Commissioners
That the Transportation Standing Committee convene to In Camera to discuss a personnel matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 26, 2018, Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 1:00 p.m.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated March 14, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Director of Transportation and Public Works dated January 16, 2018 re: Protected Bike Lanes on Rainnie Drive – Parking in the Buffer [PDF]