A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days
1. CALL TO ORDER
ELECTION OF CHAIR & VICE CHAIR
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 16, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Follow-up Review – 2018/19 Audits
- Presentation [PDF]
- Report [PDF]
12.2.1 Review of Report Requests [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee review the attached list of report requests, as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 26, 2020, and bring forward any items recommended to be withdrawn.
12.2.2 Proposed 2021 Audit & Finance Standing Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee approve the proposed 2021 meeting schedule as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated November 18, 2020.
12.2.3 Second Quarter 2020/21 Financial Report [PDF]
- Staff Presentation
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the Second Quarter 2020/21 Financial Report to Regional Council for their information.
12.2.4 Councillor Appointments to Boards and Committees [PDF]
That Audit and Finance Standing Committee:
1. Nominate one (1) member to the Executive Standing Committee for a term to November 2022;
2. Nominate one (1) member to the Grants Committee for a term to November 2022;
3. Nominate one (1) member to the Investment Policy Advisory Committee for a term to November 2022; and,
4. Nominate three (3) members to the Special Events Advisory Committee for a term to November 2022.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee convene to In Camera to discuss the personnel matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 16, 2020
1. Information Report dated November 19, 2020 from the Legislative Assistant re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information Report dated November 12, 2020 re: Fleet Vehicle Use, Car Allowances and Mileage Audit Follow Up [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6519