1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 25, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 Halifax Transit Moving Forward Together Plan (MFTP) Corridor Routes Review [PDF]
12.1.1 Proposed Route 91 – Hemlock Ravine [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the CAO to monitor operations along Oceanview Drive following the implementation of Route 91 – Hemlock Ravine to identify any adjustments to bus stop locations, on-street parking and/or the installation of additional pavement markings, signage or other infrastructure, as required, resulting from the implementation of the transit route.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE
12.3.1 Councillor Cleary – Restricting Right Turns on Red Lights [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report that assess the potential benefits to vulnerable road users of restricting right turns by all or various vehicles on red lights at either all intersections or intersection at and/or near areas of pedestrian concentration including, but not limited to, pedestrian-oriented mainstreets, schools, community and recreation centres, libraries, parks, and other significant public spaces.
13. MOTIONS - NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 LEGAL ADVICE
A matter pertaining to legal advice eligible for solicitor-client privilege.
That the Transportation Standing Committee convene In Camera (In Private) to discuss this item.
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Councillor Austin – Art in the Right-of-Way [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on street art that outlines and explains any legal restrictions preventing HRM from considering street art at crosswalks and furthermore, makes recommendations concerning:
(1) A trial 3d crosswalk
(2) Enabling the use of art in tactical urbanism projects
(3) Allowing for art on sidewalks
(4) Allowing for placemaking on higher-volume streets
15.2 Councillor Austin - Crichton Avenue Candidate Bike Route [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on adding Crichton Avenue in Dartmouth to the candidate bike routes identified in the Active Transportation Priorities Plan.
15.3 Councillor Nicoll - Integrated Mobility Plan and Infrastructure Projects [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the CAO to prioritize the Integrated Mobility Plan (IMP) related projects as part of the capital budget process considering the principles and considerations outlined in the staff reports presented to the Budget Committee in July and September 2019 and return for approval to the Budget Committee for development of the 2021-2022 budget.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 24, 2019
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated September 18, 2019 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]