Available facilities to schedule include the following:
- All-weather turf fields
- Ball diamonds
- Halifax Regional Centre for Education (HRCE) facilities
- Parks and special event sites
- Recreation Centres (please contact the facility you wish to schedule)
- Sport courts
- Sport fields (natural grass)
How do I make a booking at a municipal facility?
- think of the type of facility you want to use
- consider your preferred location
- call 311 and talk to facility scheduling, who will discuss process for scheduling and availability
- fill out the necessary paperwork
- sign your documents and make a payment for your booking
How to contact the Facility Scheduling Office
Alderney Ferry Terminal, 3rd floor
88 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
Office Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Contact 311 to speak with a Facility Scheduler.
Call and set up an appointment before visiting in person.
If you're looking to schedule space in a Recreation Centre please contact the centre directly.
How to pay for a booking?
Individual or one-time bookings need to be paid in full prior to your rental. You can pay by cash, debit, cheque, and credit card.
Leagues and seasonal clients must pay the total amount owing on their contract(s) up front and in full at the same time that they pick up and sign for their contracts at the beginning of the season.
Leagues and seasonal clients with money owing from the previous season must ensure that their account balance is up to date and paid in full prior to the start of a new season.
Under certain circumstances, payment plans may be available. Contact Facility Scheduling for more information.
Any contract amendments/adjustments will be made during the season and the clients’ account balance will reflect these adjustments at season end. At that time there may be a credit on the clients’ account. That credit may be put towards the next seasons’ facility usage or you can request a refund.
You should keep accurate records of scheduling transactions for reference in the event of a billing discrepancy, including copies of:
- season contracts
- additional requests
- field closure reporting forms
Required documents for bookings
League and seasonal clients must complete a Client Information Form [PDF] with any application request. The Facility Scheduling team can’t process your request without it.
League and seasonal clients, special event/tournament clients, and Halifax Regional School Board clients must arrange payment and sign contracts in person at the Facility Scheduling Office.
One-time or individual clients can fax or scan a signed copy of their documents, provided the bookings are paid for already. You can also fax/scan contract amendments.
Key sign out costs
Any client that requires the use of keys for gaining access to lights, washrooms, gates, or a field house at any municipal facility will be required to complete a Key Loan Form at the time of pick up and pay a $25 deposit (per key). Only credit cards or cheques may be used for your deposit.
Failure to return keys by an agreed-upon date may result in the loss of your deposit and additional fines being applied to your account:
- first offence: $150 fine will be issued to the client/league.
- second offence: $300 fine will be issued to the client/league and the client/league will lose priority of field booking for the following season.
- third offence: $500 fine and immediate loss of field booking for the remainder of the season and for the next season.
Other forms and requirements
All of the following forms are in PDF format.
Music licences for bookings
If your booking for your event includes music, you will have to pay additional charges. Read and complete the following PDFs.
Temporary Food/Entertainment/Concession Tent Procedures – Non Alcohol
Temporary Alcohol/Entertainment Beverage Tent/Garden Procedures
SOCAN [Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada]
RESOUND [Music Licensing Company] Tarriff 6.B