Booking REC Centres
Download and complete the facility rental request form.
One time bookings:
For a one-time booking (birthday party, meeting, wedding), contact the recreation centre directly with the completed form.
For recurring bookings, email the completed form to the Recreation Centre Scheduling team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-490-4385 or 902-490-5691.
Guidelines for one-time and recurring room rentals:
One-time booking guide
Recurring bookings guide
You can pay rental charges by credit card (VISA and Mastercard only) and debit card, as well as by cheque or a series of post-dated cheques. Contact a Facility Scheduler if you wish to pay by cash at a recreation centre or to be setup for online payments via credit card. Please note that American Express is not currently a payment option.
- Clients with one-time bookings must pay the amount owing in full prior to the event date.
- Clients with recurring bookings should provide monthly post-dated cheques based on amounts listed in the signed rental contract. Amounts owing from a previous season must be paid in full in advance of starting a new season.
Leagues and seasonal clients with money owing from a previous season must ensure that their account balance is paid in full prior to the start of a new season.
Any contract amendments/adjustments will be made during the season and the clients’ account balance will reflect these adjustments at season end. At that time there may be a credit on the clients’ account. This amount will be returned to the client/organization as a refund.
Maintain Your Records
You should keep accurate records of scheduling transactions for reference in the event of a billing discrepancy, including copies of:
- season contracts
- additional requests
Required Documents for Bookings
League and seasonal clients must complete a Client Information Form with any application request. The Facility Scheduling team can’t process your request without it.
League and seasonal clients, special event/tournament clients, and HRCE clients must arrange payment and sign contracts in person at the Facility Scheduling Office.
One-time or individual clients can fax or scan a signed copy of their documents, provided the bookings are paid for already. You can also fax/scan contract amendments.
Key Sign-out and Return
Use of keys for gaining access to lights, washrooms, gates, or a field house at any municipal facility will be included in the booking charges.
Failure to return keys by an agreed-upon date may result in the loss of your deposit and additional fines being applied to your account:
- first offence: $150 fine will be issued to the client/league.
- second offence: $300 fine will be issued to the client/league and the client/league will lose priority of field booking for the following season.
- third offence: $500 fine and immediate loss of field booking for the remainder of the season and for the next season.
Other Forms and Requirements
Read and complete the following PDFs as appropriate:
- Incident/Accident Report
- Temporary Food/Entertainment/Concession Tent Procedures – Non-Alcohol
- Temporary Alcohol/Entertainment Beverage Tent/Garden Procedures
If your event booking includes music, you will have to pay additional charges.