Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on January 19, 2022, to be added to the speakers' list to speak via Zoom or telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. To register as a speaker:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re signing up via email, if you don’t receive a response from us within 1 business day please phone our office at 902-292-3962 to confirm receipt. Please ensure you check your email’s junk/spam folder regularly.
- Phone 902-292-3962 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the January 20, 2022 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number.
PLEASE NOTE: All Standing Committee meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 8, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 Halifax Common Master Plan [PDF] (Large Size 35 Mb)
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Repeal the 1994 Halifax Common Plan and adopt the Halifax Common Master Plan (Master Plan) as contained in Attachment A, as a guiding document for open space planning, management, and development within the Halifax Common; and
2. Direct the CAO to undertake periodic reviews at least every five years of the Master Plan for any updates.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Every One Every Day Kjpuktuk Project Update – Aimee Gasparetto, Program Director, Wije'winen [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF] (Large Size 7 Mb)
- Handout [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12. REPORTS – NONE
13.1 Councillor Austin: Heritage Grant Program Review [PDF]
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request to review AO-2014-002-ADM the Heritage Incentives Administrative Order, and provide recommendations regarding possible amendments to the maximum amounts available to eligible property owners, the eligibility criteria, and the overall annual budget of the program. The resulting staff report to proceed first to the Heritage Advisory Committee for consideration.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential staff report dated December 14, 2021; and
2. Direct that the staff report dated December 14, 2021 be maintained as private and confidential.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 17, 2022
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated January 14, 2022 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-292-3962